Imagine a future where you conduct the electrical design of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry
Join us in this role where you’ll design the power system of our offshore wind farms and carry out power system studies to ensure grid code compliance together with bright and passionate colleagues.
Welcome to Electrical System Design and Grid Integration
You’ll be part of the diverse Power System Designs team where you, together with your colleagues, will have a key role in optimising our wind farm designs, while pushing the boundaries of what’s technically possible. The department ensures electrical integration of our future offshore wind farms and renewable energy system solutions into an increasing number of markets worldwide and comprises more than 80 highly skilled engineers working across the globe. As a team, we are characterised by an open and welcoming team culture.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and developing concepts for the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- performing power system design and compliance studies on the wind farm, incl. power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, stability, and harmonic studies
- participating in relevant project meetings and cooperating with other team members on shared issues
- handling project tasks, such as optimisation and cost benefit analyses, support of decision processes, and documenting the technical solutions and analyses.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with power system analysis using simulation tools like PowerFactory or PSCAD
- have some years of experience with transmission systems, generation, or renewable energy
- have a proactive, results-oriented, and systematic approach to your work tasks
- are equipped with good communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application in English to us no later than 31 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Maria Beuchert, Team Lead, on (Germany +49) 1724157522, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application in English via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
To apply for this job please visit orsted.com.