Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for an Associate Offshore Wind & Production Analyst for our Business Area Wind. As an associate analyst you will be extracting knowledge from operational data of our offshore wind farms and work closely with our colleagues in data analytics as well as SCADA. You will be given the opportunity to be part of a great team and see how wind turbines work.
Become part of our mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation!
Do you believe you fit the profile and have some coding experience within Python, but don’t have the other relevant skills we ask? Don’t worry and do apply we are open for candidates who are willing to learn and outperform in this job.
The job itself
“You help make our offshore wind farms perform at their best”. That would be your main driver in this job, where you will work within the Business Area (BA) Wind. BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.
As an associate Analyst for Offshore Wind & Production, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Work in close cooperation with data analytics and SCADA departments
- Improve modelling and analysis techniques to better understand wind farm and individual turbine performance
- Provide guidance to operations on how to improve wind farm performance.
- Disseminate knowledge within the Wind & Production department and ensure learnings from operating wind farms find their way into pre-construction assessments.
- Support with dedicated measurements campaigns like nacelle mounted or floating lidar devices.
Biggest challenges for this role
There is a lot of room to shape the future. BA Wind is on a strong growth trajectory. You will analyse in detail the operational behaviour of our offshore wind farms with all their associated complexities. Developing methods to improve automated performance monitoring and generate learnings for improved pre-construction assessments will be a challenge, but equally rewarding. You will work in an international environment, Vattenfall offers a wide variety of different cultures, talents and colleagues in different countries.
Your profile as an Associate Offshore Wind & Production Analyst
For this position we look for someone with:
- A University degree in a relevant scientific discipline combined with first applicable work experience or a PhD level candidate with the passion to work on mentioned topics
- High proficiency at coding, especially in Python (must)
- Fluency in English is a requirement, both oral and written
Nice to haves, but not mandatory:
- Experience working with databases and/or with standard wind analysis software (e.g. Windographer, WindPRO, etc.).An understanding of large wind park economics and financial impact of yield assessments
- Experience with a wind farm developer, wind turbine manufacturer, wind resource consultancy group, a comparable industrial sector or relevant academic institution
- Good understanding of maritime boundary layer flows and wind turbine operations
You complete these with the following personal skills:
- A very committed person with a high degree of flexibility and self-motivation
- Team player with ability to clearly communicate complex topics to non-specialists and to function well in an international team environment
- Consider yourself a lifelong learner
- Strong analytical skills and an innovative mind set
- Well organised with a structured work approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What we offer you
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Hamburg, occasional travel within northern Europe should be expected after Covid times.