RWE is looking for a full time Project Lead within the Offshore Wind Project Development Team.
At RWE you will have a dynamic job where relationships building, hands-on decision making and progression will be an integrate part of your daily work. In the role as Project Lead you will be responsible for the overall steering and coordination of your projects. Your role will be complex as your team will be located both locally and within the global functions for technical and commercial expertise. In the role you will form relationships with external stakeholders which includes suppliers, partners and governmental authorities. You will be responsible for the development of your projects from an early stage until the construction investment decision.
The Project Development team is your home team comprising of all global Project Leads. You will be assigned into project teams in regions globally within the matrix organisation. Responding to the company’s growth pipeline your project(s) maybe situated in your home country or further afield. The role is a key member of the project’s Senior Management Team and typically includes external representation and international travel. Your role will be complex and you will apply your commercial and technical expertise, plus harness the expertise of the project team and the global functions.
This is an exciting role within RWE and the successful applicant will be a key member of a team with ambitious growth targets. We are offering you, a self-confident and independent project manager the possibility to leverage your existing skill-sets to further enhance the capabilities of RWE Renewables in the highly competitive area of offshore wind.
You will be located in our office in Malmö and report functionally to the Regional Head of Scandinavia & Baltic.
- Lead and coordinate the origination and development of Offshore projects until a successful construction investment decision;
- Be responsible for all project management matters including project resourcing, schedule and budget follow-up in accordance with the project programme;
- Understand and optimize the business case together with your team;
- Represent RWE Renewables on Offshore related topics at local and regional stakeholder events, in networks and towards respective authorities;
- Manage project activity to build and maintain a stable and effective project team with links into the organisation;
- Ensure that the project activities during the development and pre-construction phases meets the project requirements and conditions;
Experience & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of wind energy, ideally Offshore Wind Development;
- Proven experience of managing a large scale projects and experience of leading a complex ,multi-functional team;
- Strong analytical skill, self-motivated, structured and proactive working approach;
- Strong ability to manage own performance, with a significant focus on delivery and an ability to balance a varied and challenging workload, whilst producing high quality results in demanding timeframes;
- Ability to explain complex and detailed project issues in a straightforward way;
- Hands-on approach, flexible, confident and in an open minded manner;
- Ability to be proactive and take responsibility for a wide range of matters, while responding to business demands;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly for leading/participating in virtual teams drawn from across different functions;
- Master Degree in Engineering, Renewable Energy, Business or equivalent;
- Project management degree;
- Fluent in Swedish and Business level English. Other language skills are an advantage;
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint);
Apply now with just a few clicks:
Any questions? Contact in Recruiting: Magnus Aarenstrup. Contact in the specialist department: Andreas Hammar, firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.