RWE Renewables GmbH, Hamburg, Deutschland (DE) or Swindon, UK
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Functional area: Renewables
For the next possible date we are looking for a Risk Manager with several years of professional experience for Renewables GmbH. The department Offshore Project Management Office is responsible for the development, planning and implementation of offshore wind projects globally for Renewables GmbH. In this context, the Project Offshore Project Management Office team is responsible for risk and insurance management and the corresponding processes for all offshore projects.
- Independent analysis of life-cycle project risks of various RWE-owned offshore projects and JV projects in the development, construction and operation phase as well as independent development of risk mitigation strategies (taking into account the reporting and support needs of project management, offshore management and other internal and external stakeholders).
- Determining the project budget contingency using appropriate quantitative methods (e.g. Monte Carlo) as a prerequisite for successful project financing decisions, as well as monitoring and controlling the contingency during the course of the project, independently deriving appropriate recommendations for action
- Independent further development of processes, IT tools and mathematical methods in close consultation with Offshore Wind Risk Management, Risk Controlling and Investment Management
- Independent implementation of risk identification workshops with the project teams, suppliers and internal interface functions in the respective project as well as proactive ensuring and transfer of lessons learned
- Analysis of insurance options and requirements as well as operational insurance management in close coordination with the insurance management of the RWE Group
- Intensive cross-departmental and cross-disciplinary coordination to ensure consistency and comparability in dealing with the various risks that an operational, dynamic and strongly technology-oriented business field with pioneering character entails
- Preparation, updating and control of project schedules, as well as ensuring the interface with risk management
- Support of contract negotiation and supervision of commercial contract management as well as supervision of the interface between legal, commercial and contract management
- Successful completion of a degree in industrial engineering, business administration, business law or an engineering-related course of study, an interdisciplinary education (double degree or similar) would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in project management, contract management and/or economic project/risk assessment in the field of power generation (ideally offshore wind)
- Extensive experience in the insurance industry and/or contract management desirable
- Confident use of Excel is required, experience in programming with @Risk or active risk management (ARM) experience with MS Project and Primavera an advantage
- Confident in dealing with time-critical project work and short deadlines
- Strong understanding of technical or legal issues and a quick, analytical grasp of the issues
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and deliver objectives to challenging timelines
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English
- High degree of willingness to travel for specific tasks
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic business field. You can expect room for your own ideas and a high degree of personal responsibility as well as an international team that is characterized by respect and collegiality.