Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving fossil free living within one generation.
Do you want to shape the future?
We are looking for a Senior Wind Turbine Load Engineer to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as in operations.
The Load department is focussed on providing wind turbine and substructure loads and load related services to the entire organization. It is the central point for all questions concerning loads for all windfarm elements and projects in all phases and especially for our future offshore windfarms.
Working within the Site Conditions and Loads – Loads Department in Offshore Engineering, the Senior Load Engineer is to engage with the organization to ensure the Load department’s responsibilities are fulfilled.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as Senior Load Engineer:
You will be in charge of providing highly competent, helpful and dedicated answers to internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for the load related deliveries by ensuring these tasks are channelled in an efficient manner to provide solutions to all customers.
Furthermore, the following main responsibilities will be a central part of your new job:
• Participate in technical due diligence process with wind turbine suppliers, with focus on Wind Turbine Load performance, including the robustness of the related hardware and software elements needed to ensure their proper functionality.
• Provide Wind Turbine Load solutions to internal and external stakeholders / customers for our offshore wind projects, including wind turbine suppliers, certification and external consultants, in due time and with the agreed quality.
• Communicate with project and line management on progress and issues.
• Establish a plan, a setup, a way forward for and execution of load solutions.
Your profile as Senior Load Engineer:
• More than 7 years of experience in the subject of aeroelasticity and structural dynamics of offshore wind turbines.
• A scientific or engineering degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) degree, technical discipline or equivalent, preferably with a project management education on top.
• Experience with large complex projects.
• Knowledge and understanding of:
o Design of wind turbines, and their offshore support structure.
o Aerodynamics, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, geotechnics.
o Wind turbine control.
o Model and load validation based on measurements.
Your qualifications and personal skills as Senior Load Engineer:
• A positive mindset, self-motivated and flexible approach to work, with initiative, pragmatic, and solution oriented.
• Technical and open-minded team player with a structured way of working. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical sensitive topics in a clear and constructive way.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills and innovative mindset, with the courage to act on your conviction.
• Strong technical and analytical abilities.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Kolding, Denmark; Hamburg, Germany; Amsterdam, Holland; or London, UK. Occasional travel within northern Europe should be expected.