Vulcan Training & Consultancy (VTC), the largest training center in Central and Eastern Europe providing training for Oil & Gas and Wind Energy employees, is proud to announce the opening of Poland’s first commercial fire training ground with a helicopter landing pad. The inauguration ceremony took place at Vulcan Training & Consultancy’s 5th Anniversary Gala, on September 7, 2023.
For the past 5 years, Vulcan Training & Consultancy has been preparing trainees from Poland and across Europe, offering accredited training courses, among others, by OPITO – in accordance with the highest safety standards in the offshore industry. Fire Field is another milestone in the development of the center, which boasts modern infrastructure. The training ground will provide hands-on safety training for advanced firefighting teams securing helicopter landing sites in the offshore sector around the world.
Main features of the Fire Field training ground:
- Full-size Helideck: The main area of the training ground is a helicopter landing pad and a burning helicopter simulator, which allows you to imitate fires in several spaces: the cockpit, the passenger seat, the ceiling, and the engine and its surroundings. The facility also includes an overturned helicopter simulator, so students will have the opportunity to participate in simulations of various evacuation scenarios, improving their skills and preparedness for critical situations.
- Innovative infrastructure adaptation: The advanced infrastructure mimics the structure of a three-story building, complete with an interior and exterior staircase, windows, balconies, terraces and fire stations. In addition to the fire (warm-up) chamber, the trainer is equipped with five gas-fueled fire stations, where engine room fires, ceiling fires, kitchen backroom fires and equipment fires in the form of a burning bed or sofa will be simulated.
- The post-shipyard pumping station: The former post-shipyard pumping station has been adapted for practical exercises. Students will have to deal with evacuation difficulties such as thick smoke, a maze of pipes and valves, and the use of gas technology in fire simulation. They will gain practical skills in building firefighting lines or extinguishing internal fires (such as an engine fire).
“The training ground we have created will provide great opportunities to improve the competence of our trainees, and I am deeply convinced that it will meet the needs of even the most demanding in terms of infrastructure or instructor competence. The high level of our services combined with safety during training has always been, is and will always be our priority.” – Lukasz Fajt, Managing Director at Vulcan Training & Consultancy, emphasizes.
With a rich palette of fire scenarios, Fire Field will enable trainees to train on a realistic airstrip with real flames, under maximum realistic conditions. The development of the Fire Field project strengthens Vulcan Training & Consultancy’s position as a leader in training for the Oil & Gas and Wind Energy industries in Central Europe.
VTC trainees will find new OPITO accredited training courses such as:
● Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT)
● Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM)
● Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) Further
● Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL)
● Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) Further
● Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM)
● Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM) Further
● Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader (OERTL)
● Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader (OERTL) Further
● Combined Helideck / Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM/OERTM)
● Combined Helideck / Offshore Emergency Response Team Member Further (HERTM Further/OERTM Further)
It is estimated that the fire training ground will be fully ready for training later this year The facility is becoming an attractive destination for professionals from around the world looking for quality training in maritime safety.
Source: Vulcan Training & Consultancy